Saturday, September 3, 2011

Storms are Enthralling

When a storm is coming, but the rain is not yet falling, it's gorgeous outside.  I love it the sky thickly blanketed in those dark clouds.  I wonder how it feels to be up in that endless gray sky.  I bet you can't see anything, it must be wonderful to be so alone like that.  A huge expanse of space separating you from all other life.  It would be freeing and liberating.

And then, when the rain first starts dropping tentatively.  You can hear each drop that hits your roof.  The leaves are turned inside out or upside down, and flip back and forth.  But the best part of the rain is when it starts to pour.  The noise is deafening, and I imagine how the sky might feel.  It would be falling apart, literally melting from above.

Storms are just so gorgeous and exciting.  I love them.



Both of these are insane, and I want to be there and watch it happening.



No comments:

Post a Comment