Monday, August 22, 2011

!SPOILERS! Death Note !SPOILERS!

I just finished watching Death Note.  It's is truly one of the most tragic stories I've ever known.  And even though I don't want to give it away to you guys, I just must touch on some things there at the end.

I think one of the most touching parts of the story is that a Shinigami can only die if they kill someone so that the one they love doesn't die.  Misa unintentionally killed two Shinigami in her lifetime, and she would have probably killed more had the show not ended.  Light used Rem selfishly, and though Rem hated Light for what he was doing and how he might hurt Misa, he sacrificed his life to save Misa anyway.

Rem died because he killed L (or Ryuzaki) who was directly linked to Misa's lifespan.  And just that day Ryuzaki and Light had done...something.  I mean, that foot rub that L gave to Light had to be the most awkward scene in the whole series.  And where the heck did it come from?  So the foot rub just made me sadder that L died later that episode.



And I loved how it ended.  With Ryuk killing Light.  Just like he said he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment